Welcome to the "Hopping Through The Holidays" Blog Hop. Come hop along with the design team members of Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs November 19th and 20th. You will see some awesome projects using both Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs paper piecing patterns. We’re super excited to be doing this hop together! Our design team members will be showcasing their amazing creations they have created especially for this hop. This hop will feature projects for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. Our intentions of doing this hop is to show each and everyone of you all the wonderful projects you can create using Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs paper piecings. We hope to give you some great ideas and inspiration through out this amazing blog hop.
Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs are offering an AMAZING couple of grand prizes also. Creative Kuts will be awarding one lucky winner a $100.00 Cash for their grand prize. Scrapping Bug Designs will be offering one lucky winner a $100.00 in free files. How about that?? Isn’t that awesome!!
To be eligible to win these wonderful grand prizes you MUST:
1) Go through the entire blog hop (both days) and leave a comment on EVERYONE'S post.
2) Become a FOLLOWER of everyone's blog (both days).
3) Visit Creative Kuts Store (you will need to do this to meet the last requirement)
4) Visit Scrapping Bug Designs Store (you will need to do this to meet the last requirement)
5.) At the end of each day you will end at Creative Kuts and Scrapping Bug Designs blogs. You will need to leave them a comment stating you have made it through the entire hop and you will also need to leave in your comment what is your favorite pattern set in their store.
Be sure to hop through the entire hop both days to be eligible for the grand prizes, as well as all the other blog candy throughout! We hope you all enjoy this hop and find a lot of great ideas, inspiration, and most of all have loads of fun!! Here is the link to day one in case you missed hopping on day one.(link Linn's blog http://www.linnsscrapshack.blogspot.com)
Remember you have to hop through both days to be eligible for the grand prizes.
Here is the complete lineup in case you get lost along the way.
1.Kandice: ~ http://www.kreativekandi.blogspot.com
2.Michelle Sheehan ~ http://michelles-scrappy-place.blogspot.com/
3.Tammy Luiz ~ http://scrapnewe.blogspot.com
4.Lisa Peters ~ http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/
5.Fabiola ~ http://www.mrssassycrafter.com
6. Tracey Geneau ~ http://traceyctmh.blogspot.com/
7. Lisa Pontious ~ http://honeybearzdesigns2011.blogspot.com/
8.Lisa Lamer Rhodes ~ http://www.lisakelly110803.blogspot.com
10. Ginny ~ http://cheezenwhinecrafting.blogspot.com/
11.Gaby B ~ http://www.thecraftydream.blogspot.com
13. Liz Hagag~ http://scrappinwithstyle.blogspot.com/
14.Janet Royer ~ http://janetscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
15.Creative Kuts Blog ~ www.creativekuts.blogspot.com
16.Scrapping Bug Designs Blog ~ http://scrappingbugdesigns.blogspot.com
Project number one is a fall themed explosion box using SBD "Fall Scarecrow" and "Fabulous Fall" files. It really was simple to figure out.
Explosion Box Directions
The basic bones of this album is only 4 12x12 sheets of cardstock + embellishments as you desire.
§ 4 Sheets of `12x12 cardstock (the thicker the card the sturdier the box)
§ Paper trimmer or craft knife and metal ruler
§ bone folder
The box1. Take your 3 sheets of cardstock and trim them to size as per below:
2. Now score 4 folds on each card layer as per the measurements and diagram below.
|3. Cut out the corners from all 3 sheets. They should look like this when they are layered on top of each other.|
4. Embellish each of the four side panels on all three sheets as you wish. You may embellish both sides of each panel or just the top sides. Create pockets for tags, photo matts, use quotes, ribbon, brads etc. Adhere the bases together when you have finished embellishing the box.
|The Lid |
Trim the last piece of cardstock for the lid to 8"x8". Score folds similar to the first sheet above at 2" from each side. Do not cut the corner squares at this stage.Score four more diagonal folds as marked in the diagram below. Fold each corner up and adhere to the side to form the lid. Embellish as desired.
|**The directions were taken from www.scrapbook-crazy.com|
Project number two is a gift basket with a tin, cookie jar, apron and a recipe booklet.
I used SBD "A Taste of Christmas" and the peppermint candy on the gift tag is from the "Gingerbread House". I used vinyl on the jar and tin; on the tea towel apron, I used fusible web and fabric to make the gingerbread man pocket. The frosting on this gingerbread man only is puffy paint. I found the most adorable recipe cards to put on the inside of this mini "recipe" album that I picked up for a dollar at Walmart.
Thank you all so much for looking at my projects. Be sure to check out my blog to see more altered projects in the week to come. As an incentive to come back, I will offer your choice of a fall (Fall Favorites) or Christmas themed recipe album like the one above.
To be eligible, you must
1. Become a follower only if you want to.
2. Visit my blog www.scrapnewe.blogspot.com again 1 time and leave a comment.
3. Like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Scrapnewedesigns and let me know you've stopped by.
I will draw for my blog candy on Wednesday of next week.
Now hop on over to Lisa's blog: http://handmadewithlove-lisa.blogspot.com/