Thursday, October 25, 2012

Popsicle Smiles

 
I forgot to post this layout this summer when I made it.  I still need to get the photos of my girls on it, but I wanted to get it posted.  I LOVE this paper line and can't wait to make a more traditional layout with some more of it.  I created the chevron strip with a square punch.  The squares were punched and then cut diagonally.  To start the border at one end cut one of the diagonal pieces in half from the point to the center of the longer side and place the cut edge on the edge of the background paper (point down). Start the top row by placing the point up (long edge down) and matching the end of the lower side to the edge of this piece to the side of the background paper. Stagger the pieces to finish the strip.  There are two photo/journal tags tucked into the lower border.  I found the cute popsicle buttons at Michaels.  The mice, ice cream cart, and title are from "Popsicle Smiles" a Scrapping Bug Designs paper piecing.  This file goes together very well and was a lot of fun to put together!

No comments:

Post a Comment